Southern Pines Pump Station Assessment
- Town of Southern Pines
- Project Type:
- Water / Wastewater
- Southern Pines, North Carolina
The Town of Southern Pines desired to have a better understanding of the condition of their 17 sanitary sewer pump stations, quantify the cost of necessary improvements, and prioritize these improvements in a manner that helped to ensure long-term efficient operation with a limited budget.
McAdams was hired by the Town to complete the pump station assessment in late 2014. Following receipt of historical drawings, reports, and other pump station documents from the Town, McAdams interviewed the Town’s pump station maintenance manager to gain a better understanding of the condition of pump stations from the operators perspective. McAdams then performed pump station hydraulic testing and visual condition assessment of all 17 pump stations. Following the condition assessment field activities, McAdams provided the Town with a condition assessment report, which provided:
- Scoring of the pump performance and condition of all pump stations;
- Criticality scores for all pump stations;
- Recommendations of specific pump station improvements;
- Prioritization of pump station improvements;
- Identification of current regulatory deficiencies at pump stations; and
- Development of a pump station improvement CIP with budgets.
The pump station assessment provided by McAdams to the Town of Southern Pines will serve as a guide to the Town to make informed CIP decisions regarding the pump station improvements they need to ensure continued efficient, cost-effective operation, while meeting all regulatory requirements.