Project Manager, Survey (PLS)
We are currently searching for a Survey Project Manager to join our Geomatics and Construction Administration Group. This position will play a key role in project management and execution for both survey and construction staking projects.
Skills & Qualifications
- NC Professional Land Surveyors License required.
- BA/BS degree preferred or two-year degree in survey related field.
- Minimum of 3 years’ project management experience, preferably 5 years with mentoring and training experience.
- Strong technical knowledge in land surveying as well as field experience with surveying subdivisions, commercial properties, institutional and industrial projects.
- Experience in construction related survey computations and staking plans – such as erosion control, utility, grading and storm drainage and building layout.
- Experience preparing topo survey, boundary, and ALTA/ACSM survey maps as well as Plats, Change of Zone maps and easement exhibits; researching records, writing legal descriptions and investigating property history; developing scope and fee proposals and managing projects.
- Must have solid working knowledge of AutoCAD, Carlson, GIS mapping and MS Office Suite.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Managing multiple projects and ensuring completion on time, task and budget.
- Coordination of field crews including preparation of field packages.
- Working closely with the team to resolve issues and meet the overall goals and objectives of the project.
- Oversee and coordinate the activities of the project team during each phase of the project – including boundary and topographic surveys, subdivision platting, ALTAs, USACE platting, easement platting, GIS mapping and SUE.
- Read, review and interpret municipality standard utility construction details, grading and storm drainage plans, erosion control plans and sediment pond design tables, utility profile sheets and architectural and structural plans.
- Process field data and generate/create topographic contours, staking base files, road alignments and foundation surveys.
Coordinate project submittals with local municipalities and foster client relations to perpetuate long term relationships.