McAdams is currently seeking an entry to mid-level Survey Technician to join our Geomatics Group. Working as part of a collaborative team, this position will prepare survey maps and drawings of boundary surveys, topographic surveys, subdivision plats and land title surveys.
Candidates should be prepared to provide work samples and/or take a CAD test.
Our Grass Really is Greener
- Equipment: tripod set up, bush axes, waders, walkie talkies, etc.
- Coolers with ice
- Sunscreen/bug spray
- Supplies: stack of stakes, flags, etc
- Safety Vests
- Apparel: shirts, hoodie/jacket, hat, etc.
- Boots Allowance
- Sunglasses Allowance
Skills + Qualifications
- Two-year associate’s degree (or higher) in Surveying Technology/Geomatics, Civil Engineering or related field preferred but not required
- Familiarity and experience with AutoCAD preferred
- Experience with Carlson 2010-2014, Civil 3D, ESRI/ArcMap, ArcGIS, understanding Trimble data collection, GPS receivers and Robotic total stations a plus
- Land development experience (commercial and residential) with physical survey, plot plans and house staking
- Good personal computer skills – email, word processing, spreadsheets, outlook, etc.
- Reduce raw survey data, import it into CAD programs, and draft plans to specific criteria