Let’s Lend a Hand
Through McAdams SHARES, McAdams is privileged to give back to the communities where we live and work. Though COVID-19 has prompted a change in our usual operations, our three metros have come together to both share innovative methods of supporting our long-time partners, as well as identify new partners that are uniquely equipped to confront the multitude of challenges our neighbors now face.
Charlotte Area Opportunities
- Urban Ministry of Charlotte is in need of pre-bagged lunches – information here
- Also accepting donations of tents and sleeping bags for those who are experiencing homelessness as a result of COVID-19 closures. Make a donation from their Amazon wish list. Click here for other donation opportunities.
- Charlotte Loaves and Fishes has created a virtual food drive – find out more here!
Dallas-Fort Worth Area Opportunities
- Drop off puzzles and games. If you have a Wii or Xbox in working order, you can drop that off along with games.
- Drop off teenager snacks and gift cards for meals that they can order (like pizza).
- Drop off a donation or go to the website and make a donation.
- Make an online donation.
- Go to the website and click on COVID-19 at the top and scroll down to ways you can volunteer. If you have been on site and registered as a volunteer, there are numerous opportunities to help in the Pantry. If you are not registered, you can register online or sign up to deliver meals to either seniors or to low-income (now many are no-income) homes.
- Visit LISD website for opportunities to serve in the LISD Lunches for Kids home delivery service.
- SoupMobile is accepting donations of peanut butter sandwiches Monday through Saturday from 8:00 AM until 11:00 AM at SoupMobile Church (2423 S. Good Latimer, Dallas, TX).
Raleigh-Durham Area Opportunities
- Run the virtual 13.1 race with our partners at Race 13.1! It’s free and there’s plenty of ways for you to help the local community.