Design / CAD Technician
Are you looking for an opportunity to advance your career at a growing site/civil engineering firm consistently ranked as a Best Place To Work? Do you want a position where you are able to apply your attention to detail on the development of technical drawings and plan production? Are you looking to work with highly talented engineers on a fast-paced team?
When you join our Land Development group in our Durham, NC office as a Design / CAD Technician, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the production of civil engineering drawings and design calculations for exciting residential and commercial land development projects such as The Streets at Southpoint and North Hills East.
Skills & Qualifications
- Four-year Bachelor’s degree OR two-year Associate’s degree in Engineering Technology or AutoCAD Drafting
- Experience with AutoCAD CIVIL 3D, CAD Standards, and Microsoft Office
- 0 – 2 years land development work experience preferred
- Candidates should be prepared to provide work samples and/or take a CAD assessment
- Plan production is a critical role of this position
- Development of master plan/infrastructure schematic and detailed technical drawings from sketches
- Assisting with the plan production of water and sewer mains, mass grading, roadway vertical design, erosion control, permit submittals and storm drainage
- Plan/Profile drawings and utility conflict resolution
- Creation of alignments, pipe networks, surfaces and profiles in Civil 3D