Are you a technical expert that takes a lead role in projects? Do you enjoy working closely with talented designers to ensure the production of high quality deliverables? Are you a problem-solver who takes pride in resolving complex design challenges? McAdams’ Project Engineers are leaders on our design teams who ensure projects are completed to perfection.
As a Project Engineer in our Private Engineering Services group, you will have the opportunity to leave your mark on exciting residential and commercial projects in the area, such as North Hills, Streets at Southpoint, and the Waverly community. You will execute projects like these from beginning to end alongside a team of talented and highly motivated engineers.
Skills & Qualifications
- Four-year bachelor’s degree from an accredited program in Engineering
- PE required
- 3+ years of experience in civil site design, project management and team coordination
- Strong proficiency in design of water and sewer mains, mass grading, roadway horizontal and vertical design, erosion control, and storm drainage for high profile residential and commercial projects
- Experience with AutoCAD CIVIL 3D
- Design and produce plan sets, has a thorough background in civil design, governmental regulations, AutoCAD-CIVIL 3D, plan preparation, surveying principles and construction techniques
- Communicate and coordinate with other departments to make appropriate plan changes
- Function as a liaison between the Designers, CAD Technician, and Project Manager
- Work in accordance with established company standards to efficiently produce complete and accurate construction plans
- Write and assemble well organized design reports for presentation of design concepts