Project Landscape Architect
We are seeking a Project Landscape Architect with 5-8 years’ experience to join our Planning + Design Group in our Durham/RTP, NC office. Our firm’s dedication to providing comprehensive design services has put a focus on Landscape Architecture which in turn has created this new opportunity. Working in a collaborative team environment, this position will be a part of leading the team through all phases of project management.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Landscape Architecture from an accredited program
- RLA license required
- 5-8 years of working experience
- Experience in site planning at a variety of scale and project types including, public, commercial, residential and institutional
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to successfully navigate the site planning and construction drawing permitting process though a given jurisdiction
- Proven project delivery experience including schedule management and internal / external coordination
- Computer skills with demonstrated expertise in AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suites (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, etc.) and Sketch-up
- NC State Construction Office experience a plus
- Develop designs for projects within various sectors (residential, commercial, institutional, municipal, parks & recreation and urban design)
- Produce high quality construction documents, bid packages and cost estimates
- Administer bidding process on public projects
- Develop and mentor more junior staff
- The successful candidate will interface with project design teams and be exposed to all facets of project delivery from inception through bidding and construction administration
Please note: No sponsorship available for this position.
We offer an attractive salary/benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life, short & long term disability, long term care and 401(k)/Roth with company match, learning opportunities and much more. We invite proficient, dependable candidates to apply.
EOE: Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
We are equal opportunity employers. Decisions regarding hiring, promotions and terminations are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age (over 40), disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
We participate in E-verify. Information from all employees’ Form I-9 is used to confirm work authorization.