Are you an expert in your field? Do you love mentoring and growing a team of talented designers and engineers? McAdams’ Technical Managers are subject matter experts who provide both technical expertise and mentorship across all McAdams’ office locations, working alongside Project Managers to make our client’s visions a reality.
As a Technical Manager in our Public Engineering Services group, you will have the opportunity to leave your mark on exciting public projects in the area. You will work on these projects from beginning to end while mentoring and developing a team of talented and highly motivated engineers.
Skills & Qualifications
- Four-year bachelor’s degree from an accredited program in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Biological and Agricultural Engineering, Civil Engineering Technology, or related field
- 5+ years of progressive experience in civil engineering
- Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D
- North Carolina PE
- Experience with storm drain, sanitary sewer, water distribution networks, and site grading preferred
- Lead a production team, provide resource management, solve complex technical and design problems, coach and mentor design and CAD professionals, and work collaboratively with all team members on all aspects of project execution
- Design and produce civil engineering construction documents (site plans, utility plan/profile, design reports, specifications)
- Civil utility and site design (water, sanitary sewer, storm drain, HGL modeling, fire flow design, and stormwater management) and coordination with typical mechanical utilities (gas, steam, chilled water, high voltage, emergency power, communications duct banks)
- Site grading, earthworks, and sediment/erosion control design and permitting
- Coordination with architects, landscape architects, mechanical engineers, contractors, and owners
- Work in accordance with company standards with project team from concept phase through construction administration for a variety of projects