The Employee Experience.
Culture starts with the right people.
We’re humbled by the fact that we’ve been awarded and recognized for being one of the best places to work year after year both regionally and nationally. Even with these recognitions, we challenge ourselves to improve who we are and what we do by adding exceptional talent to our amazing team.
Everyone at McAdams – engineers, planners, landscape architects, surveyors – believes growing each individual employee into their greatest potential is how we create a collaborative atmosphere of experience creation.
Learning is a big part of what we value. Our McAcademy program empowers employees with abundant seminars and training courses with dynamic professionals in our industry, and it’s a convenient way to earn professional development hours.
A work / life balance is important to us and our fringe benefits reflect that belief.
- In-house massages
- Concierge services (car washes, auto detailing, dry cleaning services, etc.)
- Company trip stipends (employee-only excursions for the added benefit of shared experiences)
- Free beverages and snacks
- Friday breakfast is on the house
We are part of the most interesting, iconic and impactful projects in the region, bringing together some of the most creative and intelligent solutions in the industry. Our work is relevant because we understand that it takes more than design and engineering to create places. It’s about applying thoughtfulness and resourcefulness to create meaningful experiences that energize our communities.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please contact the Human Resources department at 919. 361. 5000 to request assistance. The company provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability to enable them to effectively participate in the application process, as required by law.
In accordance with the federal Transparency in Coverage Rule, BCBSNC creates and publishes all required Machine-Readable files on behalf of McAdams. Please click to access.
Life at McAdams.
- HealthcareOur open access medical plan covers access to both primary care physicians and specialists as well as dental and vision. Flexible Spending Accounts are also a plus!
- Life + DisabilityAll full-timers are provided company-paid life, accidental death and dismemberment, short-term disability, long-term disability and long-term care coverage. Additional supplemental life and AD&D coverage is available for employees as well as dependents.
- Retirement PlanningWe offer Roth and 401(k) plan options to help our team members plan for the future. We also provide a company match to better ensure the long-term financial health and well-being of our employees.
- Employee Assistance ProgramAvailable for employees and their families, this assessment and referral service provides confidential, individual assistance with a wide range of personal and work-related issues.
- Career Development PlansWe believe in providing opportunities for our employees to continue to grow, both professionally and personally. Our personalized plans enable ongoing conversations between the employee, their direct supervisor and subject matter experts.
- Educational Assistance ProgramIn addition to career development planning, we offer an annual financial assistance option for full-time employees. This option may go toward tuition, the cost of books or other related fees at any accredited higher education institution.
- Time OffWe offer paid time off so that employees can spend time with family and refresh. The company offices are closed in observance of designated national holidays, one of which is a floating holiday!
- Professional Licensure / Registration / Certification and Exam FeesWe cover the fees associated with study classes, exams, professional licensure and dues for local and state professional organizations.
- Well By Design Wellness ProgramOur program follows a holistic wellness model. This means that we care about the physical fitness of our employees as well as their emotional, spiritual, mental, social and environmental well-being.
“McAdams is a great place to work because employees are valued and invested in to grow professionally. As an employee for the last 5+ years, I have been supported to set personal professional goals and had access to the tools necessary to achieve and exceed those goals.”
Rebecca Stubbs, Project Manager